Universal One Foundation

Story VIII

There was an angel working the maternity wing on this particular morning of July 29,1995. My daughter was in labor with twin boys, they were 6 weeks early. We were waiting outside of the Intensive Care Unit for the progress report. They were 3.5 lbs. and 4.5 lbs., born 43 minutes apart. We'll call them baby A and baby B. Baby A, the first born, vaginal birth. the smaller one, was dying inside the womb. Baby B was stealing baby A's blood and nutrients. It's called Twin To Twin Transfusion Syndrome. Baby A had two transfusions his first day. Baby B, the second born, cesarean section, the bigger one, had fluid in his lungs from the birth. He couldn't stand to be touched because he was sick. His incubator was wrapped in saran wrap to maintain his body temperature. My husband, myself, my oldest daughter, and daddy (my son-in-law) were looking through the window watching them work on the twins. I noticed an elderly woman walking the hall with a pregnant couple. They had made several trips up and down. Something attracted me to the older woman. All the sudden she turned to look at me, left the couple, and started to walk towards us. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was wearing a long white skirt(to the floor). Her hair was long and silver white to her waist. As she got closer our eyes met, they were a beautiful blue. I felt as if she was looking into my soul. I know she felt our anxiety and concern. She walked right up to my face and said, "What's going on here?" I told her that my daughter had just delivered twins and they were very sick. She hurried to the window and looked in pressing her nose against the glass. The angel made another comment "Ahhh." My exact response. She took turns with our family looking in, I think she was comfortable with us as if we're all family to her. The doctor came out with the prognosis. We were standing in a circle (including the angel) listening. She spoke to my husband, and myself, looking from person to person, nodding, as we asked questions. We decided to leave and go home for some sleep. We had been up all night waiting and praying for their safety. We entered the elevator to leave the floor, she entered too. She rode it down with us and was very quiet, placing her hands folded in front of her. When we went to exit she went right and we went left. I turned around to see where she was going and she wasn't there. My son-in-law and my daughter don't remember seeing her or talking with her. My husband and I were the only ones who saw her. The boys did improve and went home 2 weeks later. My miracle was the radiant angel that came to comfort us.